This module will cover the description, causes, diagnosis and current treatment of the patient who presents with asthma.
After completion of this module you will be able to:
- Define asthma
- Identify risk factors
- Understand the pathophysiology of asthma
- Understand the current treatment options
- Understand the nursing implications while caring for a patient with asthma
- Understand the importance of patient education
- Douglas, G. & Elward, K. (2011). Asthma: Clinician's Desk Reference, Manson Publishing, London, UK.
- Howard, P.K. & Steinmann, R.A. (2010). Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice 6th Ed, Mosby Elsevier, St Louis, Missouri.
- Urden, L.D., Stacy, K.M. & Lough, M.E. (2017). Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis & Management 8th Ed, Mosby Elsevier, St Louis, Missouri.