The goal of this module is to give the students a basic understanding of transcutaneous (external) pacing.
After successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Define transcutaneous (external) pacing
- Know when to implement transcutaneous (external) pacing
- Differentiate between demand and non-demand modes
- Know when to use non-demand mode
- Explain how to ensure effective pacing
- Perform the TCP procedure
Urden, L.D., Stacy, K.M., & Lough, M.E. (2006). Thelans’ Critical Care Nursing Diagnosis and Management. (5th ed). Boston: Mosby.
Woods, S., Sivarajan Frochlicher, E. and Underhill Motzer, S. (2005). Cardiac Nursing (4 th ed). Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott.