CEREBRAL VASCULAR DISEASE (CVD) OVERVIEW
This module introduces you to various neurological disorders and their pathologies.
After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Recognize risk factors relating to CVD
- Understand anatomy and physiology relating to CVD
- Identify the risk factors associated with CVD
- Describe the different types of ischemic CVAs
- Describe the different types of hemorrhagic CVAs
- Distinguish signs and symptoms associated with different types of CVD
- Describe treatment modalities for CVD
- Identify all nursing care relating to CVD
American Heart Association Website (2019). URL: https://learn.heart.org/default.aspx
Heart and Stroke Foundation (2019). Website. URL: http://www.heartandstroke.ca/stroke
Gogan, S., Fischer, A. (2005). Ontario regional stroke centres: Survey of neurological nursing assessment practices with acute stroke patients. Axon, 26(4), 8-13.
Urden, L.D., Stacy, K.M., & Lough, M.E. (2018). Critical Care Nursing Diagnosis and Management. (8th ed). Maryland Heights, MO: Elsevier