This module will provide concepts relating to pancreatitis in its various forms, its causes and its implications for nursing.
After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Discuss the structure and the function of the pancreas
- Identify the different types of pancreatitis and how they affect the body
- Discuss the causes of pancreatitis
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of the disease
- Identify the different diagnostic tests used
- Discuss the complications of the disease
- Discuss the nursing implications of pancreatitis
Hazinski, Mary Fran. (2013). Nursing Care of the Critically Ill Child. 3rd Ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
Urden, L., Stacy, K., Lough, M., (2014). Thelan’s Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and management. 7th ed. Boston: Mosby.