FLUIDS & ELECTROLYTES OVERVIEW
This module discusses fluid and electrolyte norms for the human body as well as the conditions which present when electrolyte levels are imbalanced.
After successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- List the fluid compartments of the body
- Describe the composition of body fluids
- Discuss fluid physiology
- Describe the factors controlling fluid balance
- Define osmolality and hydrostatic pressure
- Discuss the role of protein in the maintenance of fluid balance
- List six electrolytes of the body
- Discuss electrolyte imbalances
Urden, L.D., Stacy, K.M., & Lough, M.E. (2014). Thelans' critical care nursing:
Diagnosis and management. (7th ed). St. Louis: Mosby.