In this module, you, the novice practitioner, will be introduced to the indications for post operative cardiac surgery, the care of the post operative cardiac surgery patient, and the potential complications the patient may incur.
After successfully completing this module, you will:
- Know the indications for cardiac surgery
- Become familiar with the experience of the patient through the OR
- Become familiar with the patient’s care in the ICU
- Understand the recovery process from Post-op to discharge
- Discuss common post operative complications
- Examine the impact on the patient using a systems approach from OR to recovery